Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center on the C&O Canal

The C&O Canal National Historical Park was established in 1917 as a 184-mile National Park Service site.  The Visitor Center, located beside restored Lock 20, was built in 1828 as a lock tender’s house and later converted to an inn.  It houses interactive exhibits on the history of the park.  Rides on a mule-drawn 1870s packet boat ($), check website for seasonal schedule.